- New construction home features soaring 27' ceilings showcasing the exposed wood staircase. Steel columns and exposed concrete floors are accented by dramatic reclaimed wood fireplace.
- Renovated home contains lower level apartment. Surface parking behind the house is accessed through a permanent easement.
- Entire site integrated with cascading concrete landscaping terraces.
- Project was a joint project with one of Matt's long-time friends for their primary residences.
- Prescient market timing contributed to significant owner equity.
- Proximity to Beacon Hill Light Rail Station make these homes a future redevelopment opportunity due to recent zoning increase.
By The Numbers
Acquired - 2013
Built - 2014/2015
Lot - 8,000 SF
Zoning - LR3 (M2)
Building - 4,950 SF
Interesting Project Fact
Seattle Times newspapers dating to World War II were found during deconstruction of the existing house.
Developer: 47 North
Contractor: Wachtler Marshall
Structural: Frank Co.
Landscape: Root of Design